- How we handle information received or collected about you as an individual through the Website,
- How we communicate with you as an individual, and
- Your rights as an individual in respect to such information and communications.
- “we”, "us" or "our" are to Bar Mutual (registered in England number: 2182018) whose registered address is at 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST, England;
- “the Website” are to www.barmutual.co.uk and any other website owned or operated by us.
- Information we collect
The information which we collect may include
- Any personal details about you as an individual which you provide to us through forms on the Website and emails exchanged with us or any of its personnel, such as your name, address, telephone number, job title etc.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, as recorded by emails that we send you (if you elect to receive email updates on our products and offers).
- Your IP Address, a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component of the Website. This information may be used to monitor your usage of the Website.
- Use of your information
- Any information about you as an individual which we collect from the Website will be used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
- The information will be used to deal with you and / or your company, including making sales to you or your company, making contracts with you or your company, processing such contracts, and providing after sales service. We may pass your information to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you or your company have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service.
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information about our products and services. If so you will be offered the option to opt out of receiving such e-mails.
- We may need to pass your personal information to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails. Third parties are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. For these purposes your details may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and you consent to such transfer by using the Website.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, in which event we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We will not sell or pass on your personal information to any other person, except a company within our group or in accordance with paragraph 4(d) above, or if we are required or permitted to do so by law.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal information for authorisation with an entity outside the EEA. Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Cookies may be used by the Website to allow us to recognise you and your preferred settings e.g. to store your ID and password for future sessions. This saves you from re-entering information on return visits to the Website. You have the option not to use this feature, in which event no cookies will be retained on your computer.
- If the site has a secure log-in for our registered users, it may use a temporary ’session cookie’ in order to perform the secure login to our website. This cookie contains no personal information, just a long random number, and is deleted from your web browser when you exit the Website.
- Temporary cookies are used in the transactional part of the Website to authenticate you as an authorised user after you have logged in.
- Your browser may be capable of being programmed to reject cookies, or to warn you before downloading cookies, and information regarding this may be found in your browser’s ‘help’ facility.
- Other Websites